hi everyone.

i'm seriously considering submission of some audio pieces i've been
working on, but after looking at the submission form I am intrigued by
the possibility of using the spatialization setup they have available.
 however, i know almost nothing about it or how i would go about
preparing my pieces for playback on a system like that.

my work is all done with puredyne, and i thought perhaps someone on
this list would have some suggestions for a setup that can take
advantage of a multi-speaker setup.  It sounds like one system has 16
speakers and the other has 22.  There is direct diffusion as well as
"3rd order Ambisonics"... which i know nothing about.  Any insights?
Most of what i've got so far is just stereo, but i've been reading
about different spatial effects that can be realized with multiple
speakers, and when am i going to have another chance to play with a
system like this?

any advice would be great!  thanks list.  hope everyone is well.

-grant

On 10/20/11, Bruno Ruviaro <ruvi...@stanford.edu> wrote:
> LAC 2012: the Linux Audio Conference - Call for Participation
> April 12-15, 2012 @ CCRMA, Stanford University
>
> http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2012/
>
> [Apologies for cross-postings] [Please distribute]
>
> Online submission of papers, music, installations and workshops is now
> open! On the website you will find up-to-date instructions, as well as
> important information about deadlines, travel, lodging, and so on. Read
> on for more details!
>
> We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio processing
> based on Linux and open source software. Papers can focus on technical,
> artistic or scientific issues and can target developers or users. We are
> also looking for music that has been produced or composed entirely or
> mostly using Linux and other Open Source music software.
>
> The Deadline for all submissions is January 11th, 2012
>
> The Linux Audio Conference (LAC) is an international conference that
> brings together musicians, sound artists, software developers and
> researchers, working with Linux as an open, stable, professional
> platform for audio and media research and music production. LAC includes
> paper sessions, workshops, and a diverse program of electronic music.
>
> The upcoming 2012 conference will be hosted at CCRMA, Stanford
> University, on April 12-15. The Center for Computer Research in Music
> and Acoustics (CCRMA) at Stanford University is a multi-disciplinary
> facility where composers and researchers work together using
> computer-based technology both as an artistic medium and as a research
> tool. CCRMA has been using and developing Linux as an audio platform
> since 1997.
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu
>
> Stanford University is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, about one
> hour south of San Francisco, California. This is the first time LAC will
> take place in the United States.
>
> http://www.stanford.edu
>
> We look forward to seeing you at Stanford in April!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> The LAC 2012 Organizing Team

---
Puredyne@goto10.org