Hello All:
Is it possible that email notification doesn't work with the mac
version of  the comswiki 1.0 package distribution?
I got it working with help on the earlier distribution by adding in
some smtp socket code.  Here's what I've tried:
1.  Standard 1.0 download of comswiki package.  I change default
notify settings in refs and testswiki to:
my email ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and our mail server
(warp6.cs.misu.nodak.edu).  Comswiki won't send notification emails.
2.  On the same platform:  I open the email browser "celeste";
compose message; send/queue message; send message, suppling the name
of mailer machine as asked.  Presto - the message arrives just fine.
2.  "filed in" the fix discussed two months ago for the earlier
version.  save/exit/restart comswiki
3.  try notifications again:  no luck

Am I  just looking for trouble by moving to version 1.0 for the fall
or should I just stick with the older version that seems to send
notifications?  I haven't changed hardware or anything else I can
think of, just the distribution of comswiki.

The test machine in question is:  http://history.misu.nodak.edu and
has nothing important on it other than the test version of comswiki
1.0.

Any help would be great!  Thanks.
--
Dan Ringrose, Department of History            701-858-3037
Minot State University                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]