I've now done both of these things -- thank you, Marcus.

Mark

At 10:29 PM 4/2/2003 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:08:18AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ok, even worse.  Now I'm getting spam directly to my email address as a
> result of the pws list.  I know that it is a result of the PWS list because
> the domain in used is no longer in use and hasn't been for year.
>
> I suspect that someone wrote a program to query listservs for their
> addresses.
>
> If the moderator of this list doesn't come up with a solution by the end of
> the week, my pws days are over.

The solution is pretty simple: mailman is configured to allow *everyone*
to look at the subscriber list... this should be fixed.

For the admin:
This is very simple... In the list-admin interface, select the "privacy"
page, then set "Who can view subscription list?" to "List members".

On the same page, set "Restrict posting privilege to list members?" to
"yes". This will fix the spam problem.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de

______
Mark Guzdial, Associate Professor, College of Computing/GVU
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/
Collaborative Software Lab http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl