You could. It would require a bit of programming to insert that in there.
I'm attaching a change set that you can install that will do it.

Peace and Luck!

Je77

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:28:45AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hmmm...interesting...I have my Swikis set up with security set.  So you have
> log in with your username:password pair.  Is that username not captured by the
> server for the session?  And if it is, should you not be able to report on it?
>
> Jeff...
>

> Quoting "Jochen F. Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Swikis really have no sense of a username, so I'm not sure where you are
> > going to get the username from.
> >
> > Peace and Luck!
> >
> > Je77
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 07:51:14AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > When you add to a page (using [EMAIL PROTECTED]) the server returns
> > > <tt><em>Tuesday, 15
> > > February 2005, 3:24:32 pm</em></tt>.  I would like to add the user name of
> > the
> > > author to that.  How difficult is that?  I have googled it to death but do
> > not
> > > see any reference to username.  I am not Squeak-aware so I have not tried
> > that
> > > route.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > --
> > Jochen "Je77" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105

Jochen "Je77" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105
'From Squeak3.6 of ''6 October 2003'' [latest update: #5429] on 14 March 2005
at 1:25:59 pm'!

!IdFormatter class methodsFor: 'utility' stamp: 'je77 3/14/2005 13:25'!
appendFormat: text request: request response: response shelf: shelf book: book
page: page
        | append content today |
        content _ String streamContents: [:stream |
                (text includes: $_) ifTrue: [
                        "_ means appends are seperated by lines"
                        stream
                                nextPutAll: '_';
                                nextPutAll: String cr].
                (text includes: $@) ifTrue: [
                        "@ means appends include timestamps"
                        today _ Date today.
                        stream
                                nextPutAll: '<tt><em>';
                                nextPutAll: today weekday;
                                nextPutAll: ', ';
                                nextPutAll: today dayOfMonth asString;
                                nextPutAll: ' ';
                                nextPutAll: today monthName;
                                nextPutAll: ' ';
                                nextPutAll: today year asString;
                                nextPutAll: ', '.
                        Time now printOn: stream.
                        (request security isKindOf: SwikiUser) ifTrue: [stream
                                nextPutAll: ', ';
                                nextPutAll: (TextFormatter encodeToXmlCr:
request security name)].
                        (request security isKindOf: SwikiSecurityMember)
ifTrue: [
                                request security user ifNotNil: [stream
                                        nextPutAll: ', ';
                                        nextPutAll: (request security user
asString)]].
                        stream
                                nextPutAll: '</em></tt>';
                                nextPutAll: String cr].
                stream
                        nextPutAll: ((book settingsAt: 'saveFormatter') format:
(request fieldsKey: 'append') request: request response: response shelf: shelf
book: book page: page);
                        nextPutAll: String cr].
        "+ means appends are self replicating
        ^ means append areas stay at top and appends go down"
        append _ text, String cr.
        ^((text occurrencesOf: $+) > 1)
                ifTrue: [append, content, append]
                ifFalse: [(text includes: $^)