The way that authentication is done is using a special return in HTTP
(401: Unauthorized). That dialogue can be brought up at different points,
but once it is entered, I don't see how you can ask the browser to get rid
of it. The people who designed HTTP were probably not worried about that
functionality; they left it up to the browser to decide whether to keep
it stored between sessions. That's probably why so many people use
cookies instead. With cookies, you can tell the browser that the cookie
should be lost after the browser is quit.

Peace and Luck!

Je77