Sean McKay schrieb:
On 4/12/06, Hartmut Pfüller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://139.30.201.97:8000/demo

Thanks for posting the demo.

Concerning Squeak I could not manage to install it with the Ubuntu
apt-get. But loading the files from http://squeak.org/Download/ worked
to get running the Squeak system.

Did you have to roll the Swiki code into it then, or did the download
from Squeak.org include the Swiki code? I seem to remember having to
do the same thing with NetBSD a year or two ago.

--Sean

Hi, I did in Ubuntu:
- from http://squeak.org/Download
- download the Linux VM to my home directory: http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/unix-linux/Squeak-3.8-6665-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.7.7.tar.gz
- unpack the compressed VM using the mouse context menue (right click)
- this generates a new directory Squeak-3.7-7 containing some files, i.a. an INSTALL file - download the image file "Full Squeak Release" http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/Squeak3.8-6665-full.zip into the directory Squeak-3.7-7 and unpack it using the context menue - download the Squeak Sources File http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/SqueakV3.sources.gz into the directory Squeak-3.7-7 and unpack it using the context menue
- execute the INSTALL file using sudo
Now you can execute squeak with the unpacked image file

Best regards
H. Pfüller