From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of CHRIS CUNNINGTON
Sent: Wed 2/6/2008 10:45 PM
To: pws@cc.gatech.edu
Subject: [Pws] keyword to action object

Hi PWS,

I've been playing with old versions of Squeak (2.5, 2.6) and Swiki (Danger
Bird) on Vista. it works more or less. I've got Danger Bird working, but it
seems to be better served on 2.7, as recommended in Section 9 of "Squeak
Multimedia".

PWS seems to be a non-starter. I follow the instructions, but it doesn't
seem to be serving anything. That's a pity. And for what it's worth I'd do
all this stuff on a Mac, but my computers will no longer perform OS 9, so
Windows it is.

I have a question about paragraph three, pg. 247 in "SM". It's important to
connect the string token that will be in the URI to an actual piece of
functioning code in the image. For the PWS that would be done with this:

PWS link: 'example' to: (SimpleExampleAction new.)

I can't get PWS to work for me, so where do I look for the equivalent to
link:to: in Comanche/Swiki?

The links in Danger Bird call a number. That's the token on the URI. I want
to see how the token is associated to an action, so I can make the
connection between any given link and it's action file.

Thanks!

Chris