we could sanitize the url before putting it back out there to avoid such circumstances.

are there future patches/releases planned?

hal

On Mar 5, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Guzdial, Mark wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Sent: Wed 3/5/2008 4:46 PM
To: Guzdial, Mark
Subject: RE: [Swiki-bugs] SWIKI 1.5 Cross-Site Scripting

It appears to be a vuln in the Swiki software itself, from what I see, every wiki looks to be effected.

The particular one I am looking at is (at a client) is say "XXXXX" so if I goto http://host:8000/XXXXX/1 i'll have the option to create a new entry which posts to 1.append. By inserting javascript into the textbox displayed, the application stores the data without escaping the javascript. Because of this, every time I load the http://host:8000/XXXXX/1 the javascript is executed.

--

Brad Antoniewicz

(O) 646.728.1493

(C) 347.801.5864