On 19 March 2012 16:38, Brack, Laurent P. <lpb...@dolby.com> wrote:
> It would also be nice to have a consistent behavior between sigalarm on/off.
> For instance, on Windows, pytest exits on first hang as opposed to *nix where
> the test is pre-empted and pytest moves on to the next one.

I was writing up a response saying I didn't know how to do so, but
while doing so I thought it might be possible to emulate sigalrm with
a timer thread which fires an other signal.  I might investigate the
feasibility of such an approach.  I do worry about gratuitously using
signals however, the simple timer thread with os._exit() may always
have to stay as the fail-safe option.

If anyone has any other ideas about this please let me know.

Regards,
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom