On 2 August 2012 11:44, holger krekel <hol...@merlinux.eu> wrote:
>     http://pytest.org/dev/setup.html
>
> Hope the latter begins to make more sense.

Yes, it does.  I now see the power @setup.  One thing you might want
to add is compare the module-global setting to simply using the
"global" statement inside the setup function.

Btw, is it a bug in the assertion that when using a global variable
the assert-printing does not seem to show the value of that global
variable?

> I still intend to refine docs and add more examples but now is lunch and
> then child-care summer party time :)

I hope you're having a better summer to party in then the torrential
rain we seem to be getting this afternoon ;-)

> I also uploaded a new package pytest-2.3.0.dev8 to be installed
> via:
>
>     pip install -i http://pypi.testrun.org -U pytest

I was playing with this over lunch and discovered this doesn't work:

@pytest.factory(scope='session')
def pytest_funcarg__foo():
    return 42

Would it not make sense to allow this (or at least provide a clearer
error)?  I still like that form because of the grep-ability (doing a
2-line grep is much harder and would still not cover ppl doing "from
pytest import factory" etc).

Also doing this results in setup_module being called twice:

@pytest.setup(scope='module')
def setup_module():
    print 'setting up module'

I'm not sure what the correct behaviour should be here.

Regards,
Floris