Hi Ralf,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 00:53 +0200, Ralf Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've upload pytest-twisted to pypi [1]. It's a plugin which allows to test
> twisted code with pytest. The code is also available on github [2].
>

> [1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytest-twisted
> [2] https://github.com/schmir/pytest-twisted

interesting little plugin.  On a general note, using "pytest_configure"
is not the best way to setup global state.  It's better to do this::

    @pytest.fixture(scope="session", autouse=True):
    def setup_twisted_reactor(request):
        request.addfinalizer(...)

This autouse-fixture (i.e. an automatically active fixture without the
need to use it as a funcarg or declare a "usefixtures") will be executed
only in processes which execute tests, so works cleaner with distributed
testing.  The pytest_configure is also called for the xdist-master
process which does not execute or collect tests at all.

If there were multiple reactors / global states you could also use
"params" to run the whole test suite multiple times with different
reactors - only one reactor / global state instance will be active at
any time. That's not possible when using pytest_configure.

best,
holger