Hi all,

I am trying to port the binomial options example from the CUDA SDK to pyCuda
as a learning  exercise primarily, and I seem to be getting incorrect
results and am having trouble tracking down the problem.  I am new to CUDA
and pyCuda.

Source code is here (no external dependencies other than pycuda - I'm
running Python 2.6 here on Ubuntu 9.04, and CUDA and pyCuda pass all
included tests as working fine):
http://www.alaricuscapital.com/pycuda-binomial.txt

I know that the basic logic in the kernel is correct, since it is copied
from the binomialOptions example in the SDK.  However, I had to make a few
minor tweaks to it - namely, instead of using static arrays, I am passing in
the options input data as array arguments to the kernel, and I copied in
some #defines from the header to make it compile smoothly.

I have verified that this data I'm trying to pass is being received properly
in the kernel, by changing the kernel's return values to match each of the
input variables - so I am at least getting data to the function!

And I verified my comparison function "binomialOptionFromProcessed" against
a known-good implementation of European Call binomial option pricing from
the pyFinancials library - they produce identical results for the same
number of steps, so I know I didn't munge that up.

However, they are clearly not producing consistent results.

So the two possibilities seem to be that I'm doing something wrong in the
pyCuda portion of my code that is mucking up my data down at the bottom of
the binomialOptionsGPU function, or that in tweaking the kernel from the SDK
I have broken something in the kernel (either because I replaced the static
arrays, or something else).

I was hoping for some guidance on this, at least to help me rule out stupid
mistakes with how I am invoking pyCUDA so I can better focus my debugging
efforts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Raefer Gabriel