Use configure.py to help setup the paths to libs and other options, etc.
 After you run "make" to build pycuda, run 'python setup.py install
--prefix={DIR}'

Goodluck,
Paul

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Hua Wong <hua.w...@pasteur.fr> wrote:

> Sorry to bother again, I managed to pass the 'make' phase but I am now
> stuck in the 'make install' one.
>
> I guess it is using setup.py to install all the files that are made during
> the Make process.
>
> But I doesn't have the root privilege. And when I type python setup.py
> --help, it marks that --prefix option is Ignored.
>
> Where do I precise a custom directory for installation?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hua WONG

Paul Rigor
Graduate Student
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics
Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
University of California in Irvine
248 ICS2 Bldg.
+1 (760) 536 - 6767 (skype)