Ok, fixed that ( needed to use "uint" not "uint32". Numpy basic types
don't seem to be anywhere near the surface of Google and are hard to
find ). I now have another related question :

the documentation for the pycuda prepare function states
"setting up the argument types as arg_types. arg_types is expected to
be an iterable containing type characters understood by the struct
module or numpy.dtype objects."

Since I am still baffled by numpy datatypes ( which definitely don't
seem to include pointers), how do I tell CUDA that "this is a pointer
to a float" and "this is a pointer to an integer" using this function
?

sincerely,
mrule.