Hello Andreas,

I have (many) millions of point coordinated (X, y, z) in 3D space (easting, westing, height) like these:

import numpy as np

x = np.random.random(10000)
y = np.random.random(10000)
z = x * np.exp(-x**2-y**2)

So the points are:
p = (x, y, z)

I need to interpolate them to a regular grid (n x m).
Any help will be appreciated.

Roberto

Andreas Klöckner wrote:

...snip
As usual, if something is possible with CUDA in general, it's also possible with PyCUDA. In this specific case, I'm not sure what you mean by gridding-- making a grid-based histogram, binning, or perhaps something entirely different? Nonetheless, it seems likely that what you want can be (and likely has been) done with CUDA.

Andreas

Email secured by **CeSIT** Check Point gateway

------------------------------------
Roberto Vidmar Registered Linux User 61871

 ___  __  __    OCEANOGRAFIA
/  / /__ /__    GEOFISICA
/__/ /__/ __/    SPERIMENTALE
Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e