On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Fabrizio Milo aka misto wrote:
> In attachment more patches.
>
> The big one is the 006, which eliminates the need of calling
> esplicitly cuda.init().
> The cuInit functions gets called upon _driver import in the
> init_driver Python-Module function.

a) This would break a public interface and would need to happen with
deprecation, warnings, etc.
b) Imports with side effects are bad. (pycuda.autoinit is the only
module with side-effects in PyCUDA--and the side effect is its only
purpose.)

> I am still crunching the cuda_context stack and its implementation. I
> am not 100% sure of the 0002 patch indeed, but looks smelly that code.
> I think there is a way to eliminate completely the need of the
> autoinit, still investigating in it.

1: applied
2: applied, that's indeed a bug--surprisingly, that line was a function
declaration.
3: already in
4: applied
5: me no like