Andreas, I'm attaching two patches.

0001 removes the #warning lines in cuda.hpp that make msvc (2008 on WinxP) fail.

0002 adds GPUArray comparisons for == != < > <= >=

Assuming you're cool with the patches I can contribute an updated
Mandelbrot.py where a reasonable speed-up is obtained using pure
Python/GPUArray(numpy-like) operators rather than having to implement
a pure .cu solution. This GPUArray solution sits between a numpy (CPU)
speed-up and the pure .cu code version. It'll make for a good demo for
pure-Python folk (like my boss).

The above is tested on WinXP 32 bit, pyCUDA 0.94 RC (latest), CUDA 3.0
with 9800GT. The original code with Mandelbrot solution was developed
on my new (but crashy) WinXP 32 bit box with pyCUDA 0.94 RC (latest),
CUDA 3.1 and 480 GTX.

i.

--
Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher, screencaster)
i...@ianozsvald.com

http://IanOzsvald.com
http://morconsulting.com/
http://TheScreencastingHandbook.com