Dear All,
           I had problems of memory leakage when I used python
multithreading with pycuda. The gpu memory was not totally freed even
after the thread has ended, which caused problems with allocating memory
and starting the next thread. This problem is already mentioned in the
FAQ which I think is mainly due to the memory sharing nature of
multithreads in python. So I planned to try python multiprocessing.
           After a lot of hard work, got 2d-fft to work with pyfft,
pycuda and multiprocessing. It is so much encouraging that it solved the
problem of memory leak which I faced when using multi-threading.
           I have uploaded the python source code for the same
to /PyCuda/Examples/2DFFT. The code uses transpose-split method for the
FFT, inorder to accomodate larger sizes and multiprocessing.
           I believe that the code could still be imporved for better
prefomance. I would be happy and encourage any one willing to develop on
my code.
           Since FFT is the most used and also the most time consuming
(when it comes to large sizes), I hope improvement to this code will
help the PYCUDA community a lot.

 Eagerly waiting for some comments !!

regards,
Jackin