Hi Christoph,

christoph <christoph.ma...@gmx.at> writes:
> I am new to pycuda and would love to  to install pycuda, but I fail to use
> it because of the following message.
>

> ExecError: error invoking 'nvcc --version': [Errno 13] Permission denied

This points to an issue with your CUDA installation. See if you can
compile and run a CUDA C example like the following:

https://www.quantstart.com/articles/Vector-Addition-Hello-World-Example-with-CUDA-on-Mac-OSX

using CUDA C. If you can, then PyCUDA should work for you. If you can't,
then something is wrong with your installation that is independent of PyCUDA.

> and when I try to run the test script i get the following error although
> pytest is installed.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "test_driver.py", line 964, in <module>
>      from py.test.cmdline import main
> ImportError: No module named 'py.test.cmdline'; 'py.test' is not a package

This is known and will need to get fixed eventually. In the meantime,
use

python -m pytest test_driver.py

instead.

Andreas