Syam Gadde <syam.ga...@duke.edu> writes:

> Sorry if this comes through multiple times, I've been having problems posting
> from an email alias.
>

> Andreas suggested I mail the mailing list and solicit comments here.
>
> I submitted a pull request that adapts the element-wise kernels to support
> non-contiguous arrays (including negative-strided arrays):
>
> https://github.com/inducer/pycuda/pull/171
>
> There have been a number of requests for this kind of functionality, so I'm
> hoping this is useful (at least as a proof-of-concept).  It passes all
> current PyCUDA tests, but I've got some local code that fail for some more
> complicated cases.  (Unfortunately can't reduce it to a unit test yet)  But
> most things work.
>
> In some ways it's an elaborate monkey-patch meant to disturb existing code as
> little as possible, but if you create your own element-wise kernels, to get
> the new functionality you have to make a few changes.
>

> More details at the above PR.
>

> Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying it out, I'd be interested to hear
> how it works for you, or whether you have suggestions for fixes.  The code is
> in my fork:
>
> https://github.com/SyamGadde/pycuda.git
>
> in the 'noncontig' branch.

Please help take a look and help review the code. If there's one thing I'm
super short of these days, it's code review bandwidth. And so it helps a
lot if potential issues get highlighted and discussed. Thanks!

Here's that link again:

https://github.com/inducer/pycuda/pull/171

Also, thanks again Syam for working on and submitting this!

Andreas