My 'can access' simply means that I'm able to access the values in the
variable in python by typing x1 or x2. My understanding is that if the
variables are stored on different GPUs, then I should be able to type x1
and get its values when ctx1 is active and similarly, I can type x2 and get
the x2 values when ctx2 is active, not when ctx1 is active.