Hi!

    Here is the skeleton file to use and the first 2 lines I use a batch
file to insert those names. Where the first one is the game to compile and
the second variable is the new name for the game and the executable file
that will be made.

    My batch file just looks at what you placed on the command line for
names and attaches them to the setup.py file and then the rest is run at the
end of the batch file with the standard setup.py command line parameters
preceded by your version of python.

    I guess there are many ways to change this skeleton for what usage you
want it for. commenting out that which you do not need as I have done or add
to the list what you need. It is the skeleton that is in the zip file.
        Bruce

The setup.py File:
PY_PROG = 'trek10.py'
APP_NAME = 'Trek_Game'

cfg = {
    'name':APP_NAME,
    'version':'1.0',
    'description':'',
    'author':'',
    'author_email':'',
    'url':'',

    'py2exe.target':'',
#    'py2exe.icon':'icon.ico', #64x64
    'py2exe.binary':APP_NAME, #leave off the .exe, it will be added

    'py2app.target':'',
    'py2app.icon':'icon.icns', #128x128

    'cx_freeze.cmd':'~/src/cx_Freeze-3.0.3/FreezePython',
    'cx_freeze.target':'',
    'cx_freeze.binary':APP_NAME,
    }

# usage: python setup.py command
#
# sdist - build a source dist
# py2exe - build an exe
# py2app - build an app
# cx_freeze - build a linux binary (not implemented)
#
# the goods are placed in the dist dir for you to .zip up or whatever...

try:
    import py2exe
except:
    pass

import sys
import glob
import os
import shutil

try:
    cmd = sys.argv[1]
except IndexError:
    print 'Usage: setup.py py2exe|py2app|cx_freeze'
    raise SystemExit

# utility for adding subdirectories
def add_files( dest, generator):
    for dirpath, dirnames, filenames in generator:
        for name in 'CVS', '.svn':
            if name in dirnames:
                dirnames.remove(name)

        for name in filenames:
            if '~' in name: continue
            suffix = os.path.splitext(name)[1]
            if suffix in ('.pyc', '.pyo'): continue
            if name[0] == '.': continue
            filename = os.path.join(dirpath, name)
            dest.append(filename)

# define what is our data
data = []
add_files( data, os.walk('data'))
data.extend( glob.glob('*.txt'))
# define what is our source
src = []
add_files( src, os.walk('lib'))
src.extend( glob.glob('*.py'))

# build the sdist target
if cmd == 'sdist':
    f = open( "MANIFEST.in", "w")
    for l in data: f.write("include "+l+"\n")
    for l in src: f.write("include "+l+"\n")
    f.close()

    setup(
        name=cfg['name'],
        version=cfg['version'],
        description=cfg['description'],
        author=cfg['author'],
        author_email=cfg['author_email'],
        url=cfg['url'],
        )

# build the py2exe target
if cmd in ('py2exe',):
    dist_dir = os.path.join('dist',cfg['py2exe.target'])
    data_dir = dist_dir

    src = PY_PROG
    dest = cfg['py2exe.binary']+'.py'
    shutil.copy(src,dest)

    setup(
        options={'py2exe':{
            'dist_dir':dist_dir,
            'dll_excludes':['_dotblas.pyd','_numpy.pyd']
            }},
#        windows=[{
        console=[{
            'script':dest,
#            'icon_resources':[(1,cfg['py2exe.icon'])],
            }],
        )

# build the py2app target
if cmd == 'py2app':
    dist_dir = os.path.join('dist',cfg['py2app.target']+'.app')
    data_dir = os.path.join(dist_dir,'Contents','Resources')
    from setuptools import setup

    src = PY_PROG
    dest = cfg['py2app.target']+'.py'
    shutil.copy(src,dest)

    APP = [dest]
    DATA_FILES = []
    OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True, 'iconfile':cfg['py2app.icon']}

    setup(
        app=APP,
        data_files=DATA_FILES,
        options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
        setup_requires=['py2app'],
    )

# make the cx_freeze target
if cmd == 'cx_freeze':
    dist_dir = os.path.join('dist',cfg['cx_freeze.target'])
    data_dir = dist_dir
    os.system('%s --install-dir %s --target-name %s %s' %
(cfg['cx_freeze.cmd'], cfg['cx_freeze.binary'], dist_dir, PY_PROG))

# recursively make a bunch of folders
def make_dirs(dname_):
    parts = list(os.path.split(dname_))
    dname = None
    while len(parts):
        if dname == None:
            dname = parts.pop(0)
        else:
            dname = os.path.join(dname,parts.pop(0))
        if not os.path.isdir(dname):
            os.mkdir(dname)

# copy data into the binaries
if cmd in ('py2exe','cx_freeze','py2app'):
    dest = data_dir
    for fname in data:
        dname = os.path.join(dest,os.path.dirname(fname))
        make_dirs(dname)
        if not os.path.isdir(fname):
            shutil.copy(fname,dname)