> explicitly.  That cookbook example sounds like it is less about
> compiling, and more
> of a way to implicitly run tests when the application runs.

Right. it auto-runs your tests when the code is compiled.

are pretty much inherently checking for compiler errors, so there is no need
> to test for the compiler
> explicitly.

Don't know what you mean? I'm not testing for compile errors?

I can convert most of the render test like you said. But I'm more curious
when a case comes up that it just takes too long. ( Not specifically
rendering , but just a unittest in general that requires time.)

The tagging system looks interesting, I'm going to look more into it.
--
Jake