I am not a lawyer but there is virtually no way this could be true for a yamaha
instrument. If you could copyright sounds instruments produce then we'd all be
paying royalties to everyone anytime we touched an instrument. It doesn't
matter that the piano also outputs midi, you are capturing the sound that the
piano is producing. Just as if It were not digital at all. And you shouldn't
have to pay a license for the actual midi itself either, should you choose to
use it. Anyway, do you sincerely think anyone would notice or care that you
were using yamaha samples anyway? But yeah I seriously doubt you could get into
trouble for recording you playing an instrument. That's like me charging you a
royalty to use my paints on your canvas. It doesn't make any sense. Can you
explain how it makes sense to you?

Sent from my iPhone