Sorry for my stupidity, but since you've commented out the
setattr and getattr in this new snapshot, my code now crashed.

To make life easy, I have a loop set up where I do the following:

for i in self.router_config_entries:
      a = getattr(self,i).get_text()
      setattr(self.router_dict[self.current_router],i,a)

for i in self.router_config_checkbuttons:
      a = getattr(self,i).active
      #           print 'saving i = ',i, 'a = ',a
      setattr(self.router_dict[self.current_router],i,a)

So what am I supposed to do now?

Sam