I'm having a problem with the events_pending function. When I call it,
the program hangs. The C-function gtk_events_pending() never returns.

Here's a small program to demonstrate this:

import gtk, GDK

def button_press(*args):
    print 'button_press'
    print gtk.events_pending()
    print 'after pending'

def exit(widget):
    gtk.mainquit()

def main():
    window = gtk.GtkWindow()
    window.connect('destroy', exit)

    drawarea = gtk.GtkDrawingArea()
    drawarea.connect('button_press_event', button_press)
    drawarea.add_events(GDK.BUTTON_PRESS_MASK)

    drawarea.show()
    window.add(drawarea)

    window.set_usize(100, 100)
    window.show()

    gtk.mainloop()

main()

If I click into the window, the only output I get is 'button_press'
after that I can't even close the window normally.

I tried this with pygtk 0.6.1, Python 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 (both with
threading enabled) on Linux.

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a python based drawing program
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://www.online.de/home/sketch/