On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 05:58:11PM +0200, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem with the pack_start and pack_end methods of
> GtkH/VBox: it seems to me that both of them they are always packing the
> widget at the 'end' of my box. Is it a known problem of pygtk or gtk ?
>
> I'm using pygtk-0.6.6 with gtk+-1.2.6 on a redhat 6.2 machine.
>

> Here is a demo session :

> And I get 3 labels, 'label 1', 'label 2' and 'label 3' in that order
> (instead of the expected 'label 2', 'label 1', 'label 3')
You get the labels in the correct order. pack_start and pack_end
are filling the box from  the beginning and from the end:
START                                   END
pack_start(label1):
START label1                            END
pack_end(label2):
START label1                     label2 END
pack_start(label3):
START label1 label3              label2 END
pack_end(label4):
START label1 label3       label4 label2 END

You should read the chapter about boxes in the gtk tutorial.

> Any help appreciated (as you might have guessed, I'm trying to pack a
> widget at the beginning of my VBox...)
>
> --
> Alexandre Fayolle
> Logilab