On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 12:59, Peter Kese wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There is now also the pygtk-1.99.8 port for windows.
> You can get it at the same place:
>
>       http://www-ai.ijs.si/~kese/python/

Nice work! But the font size for labels and buttons are too small, it
looks as if it is only 7 or 8 point size. A little smaller and the
letters wouldn't be readable.

I cannot display .xpm or .png images on toolbar or menu. Only some kind
of "default image" show up all the places  I want my menu and toolbar
icons. Stock icons are ok both on toolbar and menus. I am loading the
images this way:

   im = gtk.Image()
   im.set_from_file('filename.png')

This works ok on linux.

Can you explain how you unpacked all the .zip files from Tor Lillqvist
and pygtk-win-1.99.8? Using winzip I had to move lots of files around to
make the program start up. This was to tricky/booring that I'm sure
there is an easier way to do it...

> The bindings appear to be quite stable. I am currently
> running a large pygtk project (more than 3000 lines of
> python code) using this library and it doesn't crash
> at all.
>
>       Peter

Tom Cato Amundsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/