Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

>Hi.  I am having a problem with the gnome canvas redrawing.
>
>All works fine until I decide to show or hide some widgets on the
>canvas, then it seems that the canvas is not redrawing correctly until I
>mouse over the objects.

Sounds like a canvas bug.  Federico has a number of fixes in store, but
they may not go on the 2.0 branch as they change a fair number of things
(will definitely be in 2.2 though).

>Is there a way I can "fake" the mouse over the canvas by sending it a
>gdk event like an expose event?

Well, calling queue_draw() on the widgets might do what you want.
 Moving the mouse over the widget essentially just changes the state and
queues a redraw.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/