Steve McClure wrote:

>I guess this might not strictly be a PyGnome (is there a mailing list
>for PyGnome) question but, is there anyway to set the hints so that I
>can limit the resize to character size blocks?
>
>I'm having a problem where some parts of the screen will become black
>after executing a shell in the ZvtTerm and then doing an ls -l.  I'm
>setting the COLORTERM environment variable.  Once the window is resized
>by the user the problem goes away.  This is with pygnome 1.4.1-1, and
>pygtk 0.6.8-3.  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, you can get the character cell size as term.charwidth and
term.charheight.

You can then use the set_geometry_hints() method on the toplevel GtkWindow:
    win.set_geometry_hints(geometry_widget=term,
width_inc=term.charwidth, height_inc=term.charheight)

This should get the window to resize in the desired increments.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25   Perth, Western Australia.