Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

>>One of the ideas I tried was:
>>window = GtkWindow(WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
>>window.set_policy(0,0,1)
>>window.set_position(WIN_POS_CENTER)
>>window.set_uposition(0,0)
>>window.set_usize(screen_width(), screen_height())
>>
>>This works fine without any wm (e. G. starting from the fail-safe xterm
>>session), but when sawfish is active, it doesn't work (the window is
>>shifted right and down, and the border is visible).
>>

>did you ever sort this out?  I have been using this:
>
>window.set_decorated(gtk.FALSE)
>
>for a similar situation, but alas under sawfish it works once in myabe 5
>or 10 goes, then the rest of the times the border shows and I get the
>right and down shift you had.

Setting those sort of hints after mapping the window has undefined
results, which might be causing the problems you see.

I believe that there will be a set_fullscreen() method available in gtk
2.2 that should work with all EWMH compliant window managers to toggle
your window in full screen mode (ie. the window manager will remove
decorations and resize the window to full screen for you).

The gnome-terminal app has some code to do this (term-window.c,
terminal_window_set_fullscreen), but it is using direct Xlib calls,
which we don't have wrappers for in pygtk.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25   Perth, Western Australia.