Graham Ashton wrote:

>Hi. I was wondering if anybody could confirm that I'm using the correct
>technique to get a widget's parent container (and not necessarily it's
>direct container).
>
>My attempt (using get_ancestor()) segfaults if the widget isn't in a
>container of the correct type. See below.
>
>Admittedly, I'm slightly out of date; PyGTK 0.6.8 and Python 2.2.

Could you try reproducing this with pygtk-0.6.11?  Some code to check
return types has been added since 0.6.8 which should make it less likely
to crash ...

Of course, I would recommend moving over to the 1.99.x branch, as it
cleans these things up even more.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/