Christian Reis wrote:

Hello there,

Asking James because he might have a good clue. In pygtk0's gtk.py, we
have:

   class GtkObject:
   [...]
       def destroy(self, _obj=None):
           _gtk.gtk_object_destroy(self._o)

and then

   class GtkWidget:
       def destroy(self, obj=None):
           _gtk.gtk_widget_destroy(self._o)

The reason for adding the argument here was probably not a very good one. The idea was that I could do something like:
button.connect('clicked', window.destroy)

And have it destroy the window when I click the button (rather than raise an exception because I passed an extra argument). I don't think anyone is using this feature, and it doesn't work in 1.99.x, so you should probably just ignore it. It was probably a bad idea in the first place.

If you look closely, we have _obj=None and obj=None. Is this for some
special reason? It happens in some other functions:

   [...]
   def activate(self, obj=None):
       return _gtk.gtk_widget_activate(self._o)
   [...]

It happens to not be used anywhere as far as I can see.

Just ignore it :)

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/