Werner Hartnagel wrote:

Hi,

I'll try to compile the recent pygtk-0.6.11 with Mandrake9.
configure tell me he found the importend libs but
when I try to compile, the file libGL.la is still missing.

I have only the following files in my /usr/X11R6/lib/ folder:
ls /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL*
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1@ /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1.3.403*
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.la* /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLw.a
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so@ /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLwrapper.so.0.1.6*
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1@

Is libGLw.a the same? Can I make a sym. link to libGL.la?
Is it possible to disable OpenGL Widgets (I can't found a option for configure)?

Thanks for help.
This is a problem caused by the packagers of your distribution. The .la files come from libtool. They sometimes cause link problems, and are not strictly necessary on Linux, so some distributors remove them. The problem is that if a library is built in the presence of a .la file for a second library it depends on, you get a reference to that .la file in the first library's .la file. If you then remove the second library's .la file, you will get the above link error.

Judging by the error, it probably means that the libGLU.la or libgtkglarea.la files are referencing libGL.la, which is causing the problem. To fix this, remove the offending .la file.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.