Rene Olsthoorn wrote:

(Sorry, my first mail contained HTML)

Dear list-reader,

I've several widgets which need to be filled with contents from the database. So, I want to link a table- and columnname with several widgets. The easiest way to do that seems to me a encoding in the widgetname. So a widgetname like "entryDBWlastname@client" links the widget to the lastname column of the client table.

My question: in pyGTK 1.99.13 there is no 'get_widget_prefix" function anymore. So how do I collect all the widgets on a screen?
I need to loop through all the widgets, collect their names, and fill them with database content. "get_widget_prefix('')" is needed for that.
Does anyone do the same thing? Which function do you use for it?

Just added the missing get_widget_prefix() routine in CVS. It wasn't omitted on purpose; I just missed it when porting things over.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.