mc collilieux wrote:

that i do ! I write :

dserie = GtkEntry()
dserie.show()
dserie.grab_focus()

Very simple (?) but the cursor is not in the entry, i must click in it
(or press TAB) for beginning type the data. If I press TAB, yes the
cursor appear in the entry but not at the opening of the windows. What
is I don't understand or perhaps grab_focus() don't do what i hope ?

Try calling grab_focus() after adding the entry to the parent window (that is, the entry must be packed inside its parent, and the parent in its parent, all the way up to the toplevel GtkWindow). The currently focused widget is a property of the toplevel window, rather than the child widgets.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.