Jesse Pavel wrote:

Hello,

I've read that timeout functions registered with gtk.timeout_add()
may be called from a separate thread; but is this true even if I
don't initialize threading with gtk.threads_init()? My plan was to
have an independent thread--that never makes GDK or GTK
calls--store events in a Queue, from which they would be picked up
by a timeout handler that I hoped would run in the gtk main thread.
I wanted to use this design in order to account for setups where
GTK threading is unavailable or broken.

timeout, idle and IO functions are only executed from the mainloop. If you only ever execute gtk.main() in one thread, then your timeouts will only be executed in that thread.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Linux.conf.au http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.