On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:24:18 -0400 Thomas Mills Hinkle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to create a ComboBox with icons and text for a user to
> select a file type. Everything works well, except that the icons are
> not properly aligned -- they stagger along in a wavy line rather than
> all lining up.

I just had to look a little bit closer to notice that the staggering was
in proportion to the size of the text beside each icon. If I set the
width property on CellRendererText to be a constant, everything lines up
nicely.

Which leads to one other question -- is there a nice way to calculate
width for these items.  Is there a way to ask pango how large each
string will be and then take the largest value to use as my width? (I
can get a PangoFontDescription from the 'font-desc' property of the cell
renderer, but that's as far as I've gotten).

Tom