>From the PyGTK FAQ (http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=all#12.2), it appears
that there is not a way to limit the horizontal space the widget requests.

I am aware of the set_ellipsize() method of gtk.Label (
http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtklabel.html#method-gtklabel--set-ellipsize),
but is there a method that will accomplish the same thing for Combo Boxes?
I have some really wide text entries that I wouldn't mind popping out at
full width, but I would like for the combo box itself to have a fixed width
and truncate the currently selected text.

I suspect there might be a way to write a custom CellRenderer to pull off
this effect, but I'm not sure how to use it with the ComboBox.

Thanks,
Karl