Thanks Frederic

  I would like to get some idea about how to get the "font description" for
a specific font ( default font in the system and also a third party font
installed at later point. )

  Another point is in my Fedora 11 system. I added one font in $HOME/.fonts
directory. I can use those fonts to read the content written in that font in
browser. But I am not seing them in xlsfonts command output. Is there any
way I can get the font description of those fonts and use them for  text
view. Or is there any method by which I can specify the font name ( phisical
file name ) and give it as an input to textview .

Thanks
Salil