I'm disappointed that I appear to be the only one on this list that
finds these announcements objectionable. And contrary to speculation I
find them all objectionable (yes that means yours as well Roberto). So
far it's been lucky that not all of the hundreds of projects based on
pygtk have felt it necessary to send announcements to the list and I
thank them for their restraint. I would suggest that an announcement
only maillist be setup for those who wish to send and receive these
announcements but I fear that many would continue to spam this list anyway.

John