Alexander Kuleshov <kuleshovm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have following problem. Am writing a simple program with
> pygtk. I have a window on it located menu, statusbar and NoteBook. The
> tabs should be located NoteBook element GtkTextView. By clicking on
> the menu, I must appear a new tab with GtkTextView. But I get the
> following: Can't set a parent on widget which has a parent
>
> What to do in this case?

It is possible to use single text view widget, but you have to reparent
it on every notebook page change -- and this is not correct way.
The right solution is to create new text view for every file. So,
your code should look like this:

    def __init__(self):
        self.editors = []       # holds all textview widgets

    def new_file(self,widget):
        self.doc_num += 1
        b = len(self.documents)

        editor = gtk.TextView()
        self.editors.append(editor)
        self.tab_panel.append_page(editor, gtk.Label("ASD"))

hth
w.