On 08-09-10 15:39, Alessandro Dentella wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 12:12:06PM +0200, Timo wrote:
On 08-09-10 09:51, Alessandro Dentella wrote:
here is the code that shows what I mean. The action 'Test' has a tooltip in
the ToolButton and not in the meny entry:

thanks in advance for any possible hint/explanation
Connect the uimanager to the connect-proxy signal, there you can set
tooltips to the menuitems.
See in-code for a working implementation.
Thanks Timo. This solves my need.

I still don't understand the logig behind the fact that tooltips are only
activated for Tool items and not for menu Items...

I don't know, but I never saw a program with tooltips on the menuitems, they always show up in the statusbar. Maybe it is against some (GNOME?) guidelines to do it.

Well, glad it helped.
Cheers,
Timo

sandro