Hi,   Currently pygtk doesn't install in a virtualenv using 'pip install
pygtk'.   I've made 'vext.pygtk' which lets you use the system pygtk.
To use it:
Install pygtk as normal.
In your virtualenv:
Make sure pip and setuptools are up to date$ pip install -U setuptools pip
Install:$ pip install vext.pygtk
For Gtk3:
$ pip install vext.gi

The project lives heregithub.com/stuaxo/vext
It's a bit of a hack, hopefully it's useful for someone, I've been using this
for shoebot for the last few months and it seems to work OK for Windows and
Linux at least (OSX is untested right now).
There are also vext modules for pyqt4, pygame and panda3d

CheersS