I have a script that utilizes a custom module named "utils." At the start
of the main script, I import functions from scripts contained within
"utils," such as "from utils.general import helper."

I've been trying to add my own module as a hidden import in my spec file,
and while running pyinstaller doesn't produce any errors, double clicking
on the executable leads to ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'utils'

Here's my spec file, where I've tried adding the module as a hidden import
as well as in pathex:

block_cipher = None
a = Analysis(['My Application.py'],
             pathex=['C:\\Users\\utils'],
             binaries=[],
             datas=datas,
             hiddenimports=['C:\\Users\\utils','PIL'],
             hookspath=[],
             hooksconfig={},
             runtime_hooks=[],
             excludes=[],
             win_no_prefer_redirects=False,
             win_private_assemblies=False,
             cipher=block_cipher,
             noarchive=False)
pyz = PYZ(a.pure, a.zipped_data,
             cipher=block_cipher)

exe = EXE(pyz,
          a.scripts,
          a.binaries,
          a.zipfiles,
          a.datas,
          [],
          name='My Application',
          debug=False,
          bootloader_ignore_signals=False,
          strip=False,
          upx=True,
          upx_exclude=[],
          runtime_tmpdir=None,
          console=False,
          disable_windowed_traceback=False,
          target_arch=None,
          codesign_identity=None,
      icon='my_icon.ico',
      version='file_version_info.txt',
          entitlements_file=None )

app = BUNDLE(name='My Application.exe',bundle_identifier=None,
info_plist={
        'CFBundleIdentifier': 'My Application',
        'CFBundleName': 'My Application',
        'CFBundleIconFile': 'my_icon.ico',
        'CFBundleDisplayName': 'My Application',
        'CFBundleShortVersionString':'v 0.1',
        'LSEnvironment': {
            'LANG': 'de_DE.UTF-8',
            'LC_CTYPE': 'de_DE.UTF-8'