Hi all,

I have a fairly simple script that uses anyascii
(https://pypi.org/project/anyascii/) and works fine when run in a
development environment.

However, when built into an executable with PyInstaller, I start seeing
problems.

First, an exception was thrown saying the module 'anyascii._data' couldn't
be found. Looking in the installation, there is a subfolder of this name
which appears to hold the datafiles used to do the Unicode to ascii
transliteration.

Adding

from anyascii import _data

to my script got rid of  the exception, but anyascii still doesn't work --
it replaces the Unicode characters with nothing instead of the desired
substitutions, that is, it still can't seem to find its datafiles!

So I have tried to add lots of variations of the following to my command
line:

--add-data "[path to Python
installation]\Python\Python37\Lib\site-packages\anyascii\_data\*;anyascii._data"

...but still no luck! Any advice about how to incorporate these datafiles
so anyascii can find them?

Googling, of course, has yielded nothing. :( I'm also building with
--debug=imports, but the output hasn't yielded anything helpful either.

Any advice about how to correctly incorporate these datafiles into my
executable?

Thanks!

Julie