I have no idea, but some debugging hints:

1) how are you running it from the terminal? If you aren't alreadyk, try:

open TheApp.app

Then you *may* get the failure, and if so, hopefully some output on the
console.

2) Open the Console App:

/System/Applications/Utilities/Console.app

Then try to start your app -- hopefully you'll see some eros reported that
might give you a hint.

Good Luck -- got to love how Apple hides stuff from the user :-(

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov