I am attempting to build an .exe from my python script (duh) that makes use
of DLLs which should exist on the target system.  This should allow for
more flexibility between versions of the target system where the API
doesn't change but the internal details might.

Is there a way to make my python script, which uses ctypes to access these
DLLs without packaging them?

I have searched but haven't found the answer to this question (although I
apologize, I feel like you must have answered it already)

Thanks!
Matt