Sadly, there are about 250 matches to that call within all the libraries
packaged in my application!  I did some more logging.  The last time
subprocess.run() gets called before a second instance of my application is
initialized is in the following custom logging I did...

*** check_output command called by _syscmd_ver at platform.py:284
*** run command called by check_output at subprocess.py:480

I looked up _syscmd_ver in platform.py.  But, nowhere in there do I see it
using sys.executable.  Here's the relevant portion of _syscmd_ver()

    import subprocess
    for cmd in ('ver', 'command /c ver', 'cmd /c ver'):
        try:
            info = subprocess.check_output(cmd,
                                           stdin=subprocess.DEVNULL,
                                           stderr=subprocess.DEVNULL,
                                           text=True,
                                           encoding="locale",
                                           shell=True)
        except (OSError, subprocess.CalledProcessError) as why:
            #print('Command %s failed: %s' % (cmd, why))
            continue
        else:
            break
    else: