On Sep 20, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Mike Orr wrote:

> How many full-time staff do you have available for two months? Just
> converting the hundreds of references to plain text would take hours,
> plus rewording the hundred-some pages of BFG docs and hundred-some
> other docs and a few more for SQLAlchemy (or you want to put the
> entire SQLAlchemy manual in too). The Encyclopedia of Pylons!

I don't consider SQLAlchemy to be 'core' to Pylons, the core things are:
- Sessions
- Caching
- Request Object
- Response Object
- Configuration
- Dispatch
- Template Rendering
- Extensibility Points

I really hope it doesn't take hundreds of pages of text to cover those.
Hundreds and hundreds of pages and full-time staff are what books are for. If
someone feels like that, they should write a book. :)

Since many people use relational databases, we'll of course document how to
write an app with it, like we do now.

Anyways, I'll give it a shot first, and we'll see how it goes.